Hiking Trail Map
1. Vista Trail 1.3KM, 30 MINUTES ROUND TRIP - Begin from the Sunburst chairlift, traversing sub-alpine woods and meadows. The trail then descends and returns lower down the mountain, ending with a short uphill climb to the chapel. If you prefer a flat trail, simply go out and back on the same route.
13. Shuswap Medicine Trail 0.6KM, 15 MINUTES ROUND TRIP - Learn about local flora, fauna and First Nations traditional medicines on this interpretive trail.
16. Sunburst Loop 2.1KM, 30 MINUTES ROUND TRIP - Explore the lower reaches of Mt. Tod without straying far from village amenities.
6. Juniper Ridge Loop 0.6KM, 15 MINUTES ROUND TRIP - A great stroll once at the Top of the World, rewarding hikers with great views of alpine flowers and the village below.
10. West Ridge Trail 1.5KM, 45 MINUTES 1 WAY - Follow this route to Tod Lake and the Tod Peak Trail from the Top of the World, providing panoramic views of the valley below with Skunk Peak towering above the trail to the east.
14. Sundance Loop 3.9KM, 90 MINUTES ROUND TRIP - A relatively steep loop with rewarding views of the village and valley below from the top.
15. Broadway Loop 2.1KM, 45 MINUTES ROUND TRIP - Access from Sunburst Loop to meander up and across lower sections of favourite ski runs.
2. Crystal Bowl Loop 1.8KM, 45 MINUTES ROUND TRIP - The Crystal Bowl Loop starts from the Vista Trail, then climbs and traverses across the lower Crystal Bowl through wildflower meadows.
3. Valley View Trail 2.6KM, 60 MINUTES ROUND TRIP - The best route access is from the Vista Trail, looping down the slopes and crossing the top of Challenger Meadows. Enjoy amazing views of the Village along the lower part of this route. A short steep climb is required to return to the top of the Sunburst chairlift or continue downhill on the trail to the village.
4. Trail to Village 3.4KM, 90 MINUTES 1 WAY - Be aware of resort vehicles while on the roadway, and take caution for riders at Bike Park trail crossings.
5. Top of the World Trail 1.2KM, 30 MINUTES 1 WAY - A gentle back and forth traverse up through the Headwalls to the Top of the World.
7. West Bowl Trail 5.4KM, 90 MINUTES 1 WAY - A scenic route to the alpine meadows and Tod Lake with a gentle climb all the way, crossing beautiful meadows and winding through the forest. Accessed from Vista Trail, follow to Tod Peak or the West Ridge Trail and down the Top of the World Trail. Or for a more direct route, follow Gil’s Trail back to the Sunburst chairlift.
8. Whyte Bowl Trail 2.5KM, 30 MINUTES 1 WAY - Connecting the West Bowl and Top of the World Trails with a moderate grade and scenic mountain views encircling the lower reaches of many of the classic ski runs accessed by the Burfield chair.
9. Gil's Trail 2.4KM, 45 MINUTES 1 WAY - This is the recommended return route from the Tod Peak Trail, winding through the forested Gil’s winter backcountry ski area, traversing popular gladed zones and across ski runs, back to the Sunburst chairlift.
11. Tod Peak Trail 2.4KM, 30 MINUTES 1 WAY - Route access from the upper reaches of the West Bowl Trail is recommended. Return by following the loop back down to the West Bowl Trail, then Gil’s Trail back to the Sunburst chairlift. Hikers should allow five hours to complete this hike from the top of the Sunburst chairlift. Watch for trail markers.
12. Tod’s Backside Trail 2.3KM, 30 MINUTES 1 WAY - Access provided by either Tod Peak or West Bowl trails, meander around the backside of Mt. Tod through alpine meadows and our former ‘cat ski’ area.