ISO 14001 Certified System
As a leader in protecting the environment, Sun Peaks Resort LLP management system has been certified to ISO 14001 (Certification #026082).
Sun Peaks Resort was the first ski resort in North America to be certified under ISO 14001 in April 2004, and still remains one of only three who have attained this honour. The other two resorts being Aspen Snowmass, Colorado, and Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Core elements of the ISO EMS system are based on the principle of Plan-Do-Check-Act and the concept of continual improvement. Once the EMS is certified, the company must demonstrate continual improvement to the system to maintain certification in good standing.
- Environmental aspects
- Legal and other requirements
- Objectives and targets
- Environmental management programs
- Structure and responsibility
- Training, awareness, and compliance
- EMS documentation
- Document control
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Monitoring and measurement
- Non-conformance ad corrective and preventive action
- EMS audits