Powder stashes, perfect corduroy, and snow-filled days are right around the corner. If you love flurries as much as we do, then you’re already plotting out how to make the most of every day this winter. Our month-by-month winter guide brings you from festive events in December all the way through to spring laps in April.
Sun Peaks is truly a winter wonderland in the month of December. With an average of 125cm of fresh snowfall, the trees are coated in a layer of snow and the slopes are in prime shredding condition. The village illuminates at night with colourful festive lights, making for a beautiful snowy scene. Visitors love taking part in our variety of holiday events in December.
- High Five Day | December 2
- Savour the Sun Mountain Wine Festival | December 5 - 8
- Holiday Artisan Market |December 7 – 8, 14 - 15
- Holiday Kick-Off Weekend| December 14 - 15
- Activities with Santa | December 22 - 24
- New Year’s Eve Celebrations | December 31
Come January, the snow has built up significantly in Sun Peaks and the cooler temps keep it light and fluffy, just how we like it. With tons of unique on-mountain experiences and events to pick from, there’s no shortage of ways to enjoy the epic snow conditions.
- Sun Peaks Family Cup Alpine Race | January 11
- Glenn Bond Nordic Ski Camp | January 11 - 12
- Air Nation Sun Peaks | January 14 - 16
- TELUS Nancy Greene Alpine Classic | January 31 – February 1
Winter is at its deepest in February, and visitors love to experience a variety of activities during this month. Explore the valley via dog sled tours or snowshoes, or try something new and catch some fish through the ice.
- Party in the Park | February 9
- Peak Pride | February 26 – March 1
- The North Face Dirty Feet Snowshoe Fun Run & Walk | February 29
Family fun is the name of the game this month – with March break giving families the chance for some much-needed time together. Sun Peaks is the epicentre for family-friendly activities, so kids never get bored! March is also packed with events the adults will enjoy, including the first ever Sun Peaks Wine & Food Festival to round out the festivities.
- Sun Peaks Wine & Food Festival | March 5 - 8
- 9th Annual Bluebird Banked Slalom | March 7 – 8
- Sun Peaks Demo Days | March 7 – 8
- Sun Peaks Nordic Festival | March 14 – 15
- Hub International Nancy Greene Festival | March 20 – 21
- The Garden Rail Jam | March 29
With April comes warmer temps and spring conditions on the slopes. We love spring in Sun Peaks because the days are longer and the snow is still in great condition. Spend your morning cruising down pristine groomers, your afternoon carving through soft snow, and your evening enjoying après on a patio. Or, take advantage of the sunlight and pack your days full of activities. While you’re here, stock up on gear for next season and take advantage of late season sales. The hill closes for skiing on April 13, but you’ll get to end the season with a bang with our iconic Tod Mountain Days Spring Festival.
- Tod Mountain Days Spring Festival | April 11 - 13
- Après and Ales | April 11
- Easter Eggstravaganza | April 12