Tips for Safe hiking
- Never hike alone.
- Tell someone your plans and when you expect to return.
- The temperature is always cooler in the mountains and weather can change quickly, so plan and dress accordingly.
- Bring plenty of water, food, sunscreen, a watch, and bug spray.
- Always pack a whistle. Three short whistle blasts means that you are in trouble and need assistance.
- Please stay on marked hiking trails and tread lightly on our alpine ecosystem.
- Hiking is not permitted on Bike Park trails.
- Take a hiking trail map with you, or save it electronically on your cell phone.
- Be aware of your surroundings by looking around and taking note of landmarks that can help your navigation.
- When encountering animals, never approach or feed them, and make plenty of noise.