These programs provide a great introduction to the world of winter sports, specifically tailored to provide first time skiers and snowboarders with everything they need to hit the slopes; including lesson, equipment rentals, and learning area pass. Maximum of three students per group.
|Times||Daily at 9:00am, 11:00am and 1:30pm (2 hour lesson)|
|Skill Level||First time skiers / snowboarders|
|Rate (Lesson, rentals, learning area pass)||9:00am $129.80
|Times||Daily, 9:00am to 11:00am and 1:30pm to 3:30pm (4 hour lesson)|
|Skill Level||First time skiers / snowboarders|
|Rate||$140.80 (Lesson, rentals, learning area pass)|
TIPS FOR YOUR FIRST LESSON
SNOW SPORTS SCHOOL LOCATION
The Sports School sales desk and Guest Service are located in the Village Day Lodge at the base of the Sunburst and Sundance chairlifts. This is where you check-in for lessons and can pick-up your rental equipment and lift tickets (the rental shop is next to the Snow Sports School for a one stop shop).
WHERE DO LESSONS START?
The meeting area for all lessons is just around the corner from the Sports School office and right at the base of our beginner area.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Due to ever-changing conditions, we recommend dressing in layers;
Thermal long underwear or tights as a base layer is recommended.
Socks should be a wool/polyester blend and not too bulky, one pair of socks is sufficient.
Outer layer should be water and wind resistant. If your outer layer is not insulated, add extra layers underneath for warmth.
Wool and polyester/fleece blends are warmer and drier than cotton.
A warm hat is necessary on cold days; on warmer days (above 0°C) a headband or cap are sufficient. We recommend the use of helmets but it is not mandatory.
Gloves or mittens are essential.
Wear goggles to protect your eyes on snowy and/or windy days.
Sunscreen is strongly recommended for sunny days.
Sun Peaks has some of the best beginner terrain anywhere; from our beginner-only area to Gentle Giant, followed by Homesteader, we offer a fantastic progression that allows beginners to progress easily and quickly. Our various carpets and surface lifts are well adapted and easy to use.
Our 'Learn to Ski/Snowboard" packages include skis and snowboards specially designed for beginners, which tend to be shorter and more flexible, putting the emphasis on ease rather than performance.
Ski and snowboard boots should provide a relaxed and comfortable fit, designed to feel snug when done up providing foot stability. Remember, ski socks are preferable and one pair is sufficient.
Ski poles are useful for balance and rhythm while skiing, learning with poles is a good idea.
Always wear a helmet and other protective gear.
Remember to take it easy, and stop for the occasional rest.
Stay hydrated throughout the day.
Follow the Alpine Responsibility Code.
- Take a lesson to ensure a safe and fun learning environment.
How to Register with sports school
To make a reservation or for further information please visit the Sports School sales desk located in the Village Day Lodge or contact us by phone or email:
November 21, 2020 to April, 5, 2021
Toll Free in North America: 1.800.807.3257
IMPORTANCE OF ADVANCE RESERVATIONS
We strongly recommend making a reservation in advance to ensure availability. Making advance reservations during holiday periods is a must to guarantee you get the lesson you want.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT POLICIES
- All lesson reservations must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Rental vouchers & equipment and/or lift tickets must be picked up in advance of lessons. Please allow enough time in order to be on schedule for your lesson.
- Any schedule changes/cancellations with more than 24 hours’ notice of your reserved lesson will incur a $15.00 administration fee.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations inside 24 hours of your reservation, however, we would be happy to reschedule the lesson (if possible) for a $30.00 administration fee per lesson.
- No refunds will be issued for missed lessons.
- All rates are in Canadian dollars and applicable taxes are added and noted on booking confirmations.
- Dates, times and prices may be subject to change without notice.
- Some restrictions may apply.
As a standard policy, Sun Peaks Resort Sports School follows the booking and payment policies outlined above. However, there are modifications to this policy due to the impacts and circumstances surrounding COVID-19. We want to ensure all guests are able to purchase with confidence.
The following policies and procedures will be in place for Sport School programs/lessons for cancellations/refunds for the winter 2020-21 season:
- If the ski area is fully closed for certain dates, guests with lessons will receive a full refund.
- If the ski area is open, but a documented and verifiable government travel restriction and/or quarantine requirement prevents a guest from being able to travel to Sun Peaks, guests with lessons will receive a full refund.
- If the ski area is open, but an individual cannot travel due to COVID-19 related illness, we will evaluate these circumstances on a case by case basis.
- If the ski area is open, but the guest is unable to travel for any other reason, our standard policy applies.
SECURE YOUR TICKET! BUY ONLINE, IN ADVANCE
There will be a limited amount of tickets available for sale each day to manage guest numbers, overall guest experience, and to ensure safety protocols are followed. Tickets should be purchased online in advance to guarantee access. Window ticket sales may not be available. Please follow government recommendations and avoid non-essential travel within BC at this time.