Why Film in Sun Peaks?
- It’s an ideal location for film productions interested in mountain scenery (year-round!). During the winter, the village maintains a snow base for ski-through access, creating a winter wonderland complete with twinkly lights and the summer hosts stunning mountain-views, soaked in sun, flooding with alpine wildflowers.
- The pedestrian-only village offers a European look and feel; surrounding neighborhoods includes houses, chalets, condos and townhouses.
- The heart of the Village consists of hotels and lodges cradling an intimate collection of locally owned boutique shops, restaurants, cafes’ and pubs that line a pedestrian-only cobblestone street known as the “Village Stroll”.
- Sun Peaks’ Controlled Recreation Area includes over 10,000 acres of varied terrain including streams, bridges, a golf course and many kilometers of hiking, biking, Nordic and snowshoe trails within the valley and in the alpine. Sun Peaks is the second largest ski area in Canada with over 4,000 acres of skiable terrain.
- The Sun Peaks Centre, located across from the Village Stroll includes an open air, but covered NHL sized ice skating rink, a fitness gym and meeting and conference facilities.
- Tourism Sun Peaks is pleased to offer guidance and help navigate as you begin your journey.
Senior Director, Market Development
Tourism Sun Peaks
Find photos and information of potential filming locations in Sun Peaks through the Thompson Nicola Film Commission Reel Scout Database here.
Sun Peaks Resort LLP recognizes that maintaining the natural environment is essential to preserving the quality of life we enjoy now and wish to protect for future generations.
As a leader in protecting the environment, Sun Peaks Resort LLP management system has been certified to ISO 14001 (Certification #113313). Sun Peaks Resort was the first ski resort in North America to be certified under ISO 14001 in April 2004.
Iso 14001 certified
REVIEW Film Guidelines
Please review the guidelines for filming in Sun Peaks. These guidelines include requirements for the Letter of Intent, insurance, safety plans, drones, business license, and other important information.
Apply for a Film Permit
Please review the guidelines noted above before applying for a film permit or securing a business license. A Letter of Intent and Permit Application Fee of $100 is required before the application is assessed. The fee is reduced to $50 if the production budget is under $50,000. Payments can be made by Visa, MasterCard, debit, or cheque.