Our seasonal employment opportunities are eligible for special incentives for successful applicants. Below is a list of current opportunities for employment at Sun Peaks Resort. Check out the position you are interested in for more details.
Join the Sun Peaks Resort team for summer 2023
- $18.50 per hour starting wage*
- Staff accommodation available
- 40% off at Sun Peaks Resort Food & Beverage outlets
- Health and wellness benefits
*Excludes Food and Beverage, Front of House positions.
Click here to check out our employment FAQ's.
Sun Peaks Resort Employment FAQs
What perks will I receive as a Sun Peaks Resort Employee? *
- Full access winter/summer season lift, trail, and golf passes
- Dining discounts within our Hotel and Resort outlets
- Staff parties and appreciation events
- Retail discounts in Resort owned outlets
- Reciprocal programs with partnering hotels and resorts
- Friends and family hotel rates
- Continued professional growth and development opportunities
*Some restrictions/conditions apply.
When do your seasons start and end?
- Our winter season starts in November and ends in April
- Our summer season starts in June and ends in September
What do I need to be hired?
You need to be legally entitled to work in Canada for the full duration of your contract, have a Social Insurance Number (SIN), and have arranged for your own work permit (for international applicants). Depending on the position, you may be required to provide a clear criminal record check and/or driving record, as well as extra certifications, such as Food Safe, Serving-it-Right, First Aid, valid Drivers Licence, and Instructing Certifications (CSIA, CASI, PMBIA). We will also be conducting pre-employment reference checks.
Do you hire international applicants?
Yes, if you have a valid work permit! You will be required to provide a copy or photo of your valid Canadian work permit and SIN Letter to commence working with us. You can speak to the Canadian Consulate in your country about obtaining a work permit for our amazing country!
Do you have staff accommodation?
Yes! We have a variety of accommodation options! Speak to your hiring manager if you require a staff accommodation bed.
Do I need a car?
While not completely necessary, having access to a vehicle in Sun Peaks is a benefit both in winter and summer seasons as we’re located 45 minutes from Kamloops, the nearest major centre. The village of Sun Peaks does have two small grocery markets, a Canada Post delivery/drop-off site, and a pharmacy, so it is possible to manage without if needed. If you’re in the market for a used vehicle, check out Kijiji, Craigslist, or Marketplace on Facebook. Don't forget to factor in Auto Insurance.
What does Kamloops have to offer?
- Tourism Kamloops
- Hello BC - Kamloops
- Grocery stores (Costco, Superstore, Save-on-Foods, Fresh St. Market and more)
- Aberdeen Mall
- Kamloops Regional Airport
- 4 hours to Vancouver via Highway 5/1
- 7 hours to Calgary via Highway 1