Sun Peaks wants YOU!
The Sun Peaks Resort LLP and Tourism Sun Peaks events teams are looking for capable and energized individuals to join our passionate team of volunteers and help execute our busy calendar of events.
So, why volunteer?
How does free skiing sound? That’s right, as a reward for helping us out and giving your time, we’ll provide you the means to ski for free! More of a summer person? Free hiking or biking is up for grabs too. Volunteering is a great way to give back to the Sun Peaks community and be a part of fun events, get out on the mountain in the fresh air, and gain (or lend!) valuable experience in the events and tourism industry .
Here’s a run down of the perks for our volunteers:
Full-time Volunteers (Committing at least 100 hours throughout the season):
- Alpine/Nordic Combo Season Pass
- Discounts in SPR retail outlets
- Discounts in SPR food and beverage outlets
- Invitations to staff appreciation events
- Soup and Bun and Daily Feature
- A coveted Sun Peaks toque
- Receive 1 complimentary Alpine day pass, 1 Bike Park day pass, OR 2 Hiking day passes for each day of volunteering
Volunteer Opportunities Available
We have a range of volunteer opportunities available which vary depending on the specific event. Typical volunteer roles include assisting with registration, course marshalling, set-up/take down of events, and other roles where required.
Events range from rail jams in the Rockstar Energy Terrain Park to our New Year's Eve extravaganza, to DH bike races, concerts, cross country ski races, and more.
Criteria for Volunteers
- Be a competent skier or snowboarder (for winter events)
- Wear a helmet at all times when skiing/snowboarding while volunteering at an event
- Be able to lift 40 lbs
- Be 16 years or older unless accompanied by an adult
Interested in Volunteering?
Please contact Sun Peaks Resort LLP’s Events Manager, Cara Karpluk, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.