Another fun activity for you to partake in to enjoy the fresh mountain air and beautiful surroundings. Like regular bicycling, fat bikes are intended for off-road cycling with wider, oversized tires to handle the snow.
Note that Fat Biking on the multi-use Nordic trails is only permitted when the temperature is below 0°C. Please review all usage requirements/restrictions listed below.
Enjoy a spin out on our Valley Trail network which winds from the village centre down and around the west end of the resort, and right up through the east village area (see map below). You can also venture out on a designated multi-use trail on the Nordic network (Village, McGillivray Lake, En Garde and Raven Return trails ). Fat Bikes are only permitted on the Nordic trails that have been specially designated multi-use, please reference the map below.
Please review all of the following information before getting on your bike to ensure the enjoyment and safety for yourself and other guests.
Trail Access Ticket: $5.00 (available at Elevation Bike, Ski & Board and the Sun Peaks Nordic Centre)
Ticket not required if you have a valid alpine or Nordic ticket for that day or are a season pass holder. Ticket is not required for the Valley Trail network.
|Hours of Operation
For Elevation Bike, Ski & Board
|Open 8:00am to 8:00pm.
Located in the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel.
Important: Rules & Regulations
- All riders must have a visible and valid pass at all times to ride designated multi-use trails on Nordic network
- All riders must stay on designated multi-use trails (as per map below). All additional Nordic trails are prohibited to Fat Bikes
- All riders are to observe and follow Trail Courtesy signage (shown below) and must yield to Nordic skiers and snowshoers. Fat bikers must stay in-between the set Nordic tracks on skating lane, but must yield to all other trails users
- Riders caught on Nordic trails not designed as multi-use will have passes permanently revoked
- Fat Biking trail access is included with a valid Alpine or Nordic day ticket (for same day) or Season Pass
- Fat Bike only tickets are available at Elevation Bike, Ski & Board and Sun Peaks Nordic Centre. Tickets MUST be purchased prior to riding the multi-use trails (see above for price)
- Valley Trail network does not require a pass
- Temperature must be below 0°C in order to ride on multi-use trails, otherwise riding IS NOT permitted
- Fat Bikes are not to be ridden on the multi-use trails if recent snowfall exceeds 5cm
- Tires must be 3.75 inches or wider with a tire pressure less than 10 PSI – no exceptions
- Helmets are required to be worn at all times
Obey All Trail Signage
- Obey all "do not enter" signs.
- Follow the green signs indicating permission for Fat Biking.
- Fat Bikers must yield to Nordic Skiers and Snowshoers.
- Fat Bikers must stay in the centre of the multi-use Nordic trails - this means on the skating lane, in-between the track-set Nordic trails.
June 26 to September 27, 2020
|Location||Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre|