Another fun activity for you to partake in to enjoy the fresh mountain air and beautiful surroundings. Similar to regular mountain bikes, fat bikes are intended for off-road cycling with wider, oversized tires to handle the snow.
Note that Fat Biking on shared use Nordic trails is only permitted when the temperature is below 0°C and if new snowfall does not exceed 5cm. Please review all usage requirements/restrictions listed below.
Enjoy a spin on our Valley Trail network which winds from the village centre down and around the west end of the resort, and right up through the east village area. More experienced riders can tackle the new Family Man Loop for a fun singletrack experience close to the village. For a longer ride you can also venture out on a designated fat bike loop on the Nordic network (Village, McGillivray Lake, and Raven Return). Please note, Fat Bikes are only permitted on Nordic trails that have been specially designated as shared use. Check out the map below for more information on all three routes.
Please review all of the following information before getting on your bike to ensure the enjoyment and safety of yourself and other guests.
Trail Access Ticket: $5.00 (available online, at Elevation Bike, Ski & Board and the Sun Peaks Nordic Centre)
Ticket not required if you have a valid alpine or Nordic ticket for that day or are a season pass holder. Ticket is not required for the Valley Trail network or the Family Man Loop.
|Fat Bike Rental
Rocky Mountain Blizzard 20
|Full Day: $60
2 Hours: $45
Damage waiver available for $6
|Hours of Operation
For Elevation Bike, Ski & Board
|Located in the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel.
- All riders must have a valid pass or ticket with them at all times to ride the designated shared use trails on the Nordic network
- All riders must stay on the designated shared use trails (as per map below). All additional Nordic trails are prohibited to Fat Bikes
- All riders are to observe and follow Trail Courtesy signage (shown below) and must yield to Nordic skiers and snowshoers. Fat bikers must stay in-between the set Nordic tracks on skating lane, and must yield to all other trails users
- Riders caught on Nordic trails not designed as multi-use will have passes permanently revoked
- Fat Biking trail access is included with a valid Alpine or Nordic day ticket (for same day) or Season Pass
- Fat Bike tickets are available at Elevation Bike, Ski & Board, the Sun Peaks Nordic Centre, and online. Tickets MUST be purchased prior to riding the multi-use trails (see above for price)
- The Valley Trail network and Family Man Loop do not require a pass or ticket
- The temperature must be below 0°C in order to ride on shared use Nordic trails, otherwise riding IS NOT permitted
- Fat Bikes are not to be ridden on the shared use Nordic trails if recent snowfall exceeds 5cm
- Tires must be 3.75 inches or wider with a tire pressure less than 10 PSI – no exceptions
- Helmets are required to be worn at all times
Obey All Trail Signage
- Obey all "do not enter" signs.
- Follow the green signs indicating permission for Fat Biking.
- Fat Bikers must yield to Nordic Skiers and Snowshoers.
- Fat Bikers must stay in the centre of the multi-use Nordic trails - this means on the skating lane, in-between the track-set Nordic trails.
September 25 to November 17, 2023*
|Location||Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre|