Updated November 27, 2019
We're excited to announce today that the Crystal chairlift will begin turning on Thursday, November 28, providing access to a variety of terrain in the Crystal area and Gil's. This is in addition to the Village Platter, now operational with Sunbeam and Gentle Giant runs.
We remind you that early season conditions persist, meaning unmarked rocks and hazards are out there - please be mindful and take it easy. Obey all signage and respect terrain/trail closures, for your safety and the safety of our crews at work.
For detailed trail information, click here.
As of Thursday, Alpine and Nordic day tickets are 50% off window rates, until further notice.
Posted November 21, 2019
Opening Day! Old Man Winter has been a little grumpy in recent weeks, but we aren’t letting that stop us from being excited to head up the mountain as planned this Saturday (November 23) to kick off the 2019/20 ski season.
Terrain will be limited but the operations team has been working tirelessly around the clock to ensure we are (once again) the first BC interior resort to crank up the lifts for winter.
- Lifts Open: Sunburst Express and Elevation chairlifts will be turning as of 9:00am on Saturday
- Runs Open: Cahilty and 5 Mile only
- There is potential for the Village Platter lift to open at some point during opening weekend but this is currently weather dependent. Stay tuned for further updates when available
- Opening Weekend Special: $40 lift tickets, $25 for children 12 and under
- 7km of cross-country trails will be groomed and track set. Check the website on Saturday morning for detailed information
- Access via P5. The Nordic Centre will be open from 9:00am
- Please no dogs or fat bikes on trails until the snow pack deepens
- Opening Weekend Special: $10 Nordic tickets
Tickets specials are available for purchase in-person only at ticket windows and Guest Services.
Early season conditions are in effect for both alpine and Nordic. We ask all guests to please stay safe and respect terrain closures during this period. We also remind guests to please stay off the mountain completely before Opening Day. More lifts and runs will open as soon as conditions permit and we’re working diligently to help make this happen! Stay tuned to the website and social media channels for regular operational updates.
The Village Day Lodge, The Annex, and the Sunburst Lodge will all be open for normal operations (along with new winter menus!) on Saturday, as will all key rental and retail outlets. The Sun Peaks Sports School is also ready for all your lesson needs to help start the season on a positive note.
Don’t forget to join us for our annual Après and Ales party in Masa’s Bar + Grill from 2:00pm - 6:00pm on Saturday – all lift tickets and season passes include a frosty beverage courtesy of our friends at Granville Island Brewing. While there, be sure to sample the mouth-watering new menu from Executive Chef Luca Paola.
In addition, due to the early season weather conditions, Sun Peaks Resort has made the difficult decision to postpone our annual High Five Day originally scheduled for Monday, December 2. Further updates to come as mountain conditions improve.
See you soon at Canada’s Second Largest Ski Area!