Round up your favourite shred-partners for a spring fling into the Sun Peaks mountains. You'll find winter hanging on tight to the top of the world, spring conditions on the lower reaches of each peak, and breathtaking mountain views along the way. And when you've had your fill on the mountain, you can keep the whole family active and smiling with fun outdoor and indoor activities.
Learn three pro-tips to make the most of your next trip to Sun Peaks from Kate, Tristan and Timber - who visited this spring for a family getaway from nearby Revelstoke, BC.
📸 Photography by Zuzy Rocka on March 18, 2023 | Follow Kate @shrediger
#1: Visit the Top of the World
Riding the Crystal or Burfield chairlifts under sunny spring skies is a scenic experience in itself.
Point out nearby Dunn Peak to the north or Shuswap Lake to the east, and make sure you stop to enjoy the view along the way. 5 Mile or Blue Line are excellent beginner and intermediate descents to capture the biggest Sun Peaks views, and remember to check the grooming boards for the smoothest options if the snow hasn't softened up for the day yet.
#2: Make Time To Hang Out, and Work Those Side-Hits!
Spring can be a great time of year to work on your freestyle skiing or riding, or just to mess around throwing spread-eagles and methods off your favourite nooks and crannies!
Make sure you look before you leap though, some of these little jumps have some extra oomph after a full season of service. Soak up some of that sweet vitamin D along the way, too - village patios and on-mountain hangouts are in full swing this time of year✌️
#3: explore different apres-ski activities
Longer spring days mean you can stay out on the mountain later. And once the chairlifts close for the day, Sun Peaks has tons of indoor and outdoor activities to keep everyone smiling.
The tube park runs until 7pm and is just about guaranteed to please every generation of your group. Or consider indoor options like axe throwing, where kids and adults both get to try their hands at a bullseye.
save on spring accommodations until April 10:
Spring offers fantastic value on accommodation in Sun Peaks, starting March 26 and running to closing day for winter operations on April 10.
- Up to two free adult lift tickets per night with your Ski & Stay package at the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel. Use promo code SKIPACKAGE
- Rooms for $156 per night starting March 31 when you book two or more nights at Nancy Greene's Cahilty Lodge
- Rooms from $157 starting March 26 when you book two or more nights at Sun Peaks Lodge. Use promo code ENDOFSEASON
- Rooms starting from $209 starting March 31 at Sundance Lodge (plus BC Residents and Sun Peaks season-pass holders get 20% off stays of two or more nights)
- Stay from $237 local rate starting March 31 for BC, Alberta and Washington State residents at the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel
- One-bedroom suites from $307 starting March 31 at the Residences at Sun Peaks Grand
- Stay 4 & Pay 3 starting March 31 with Top of the Mountain: firstname.lastname@example.org