Higher means farther! Experience golf at British Columbia's highest elevation course.
2019 operating dates and hours of play
Operational info (scheduled regular season till October 8):
- 9:00am to 6:00pm from May 18 to May 30. Front Nine only.
- 8:00am to 8:00pm from May 31 to June 27. Back Nine opens.
- 7:30am to 8:00pm from June 28 to September 2.
- 8:00am to 8:00pm from September 3 to October 8.
- Driving Range is open. Range will be closed regularly on Tuesdays from 2:00pm and reopen on Wednesday at 10:00am.
Scheduled Course and Range Closures
- June 12 to 16 - Driving range closed for Foam Fest
- June 23 - Front Nine closed
- September 13 - Full course closure
- September 18 - Full course closure
The Story of BC's Highest Elevation Golf Course
Located only 40 minutes northeast of Kamloops is the mountain resort municipality of Sun Peaks, home to Sun Peaks Resort, British Columbia’s second largest all-season mountain resort. Known for skiing and snowboarding in the winter months, summer provides many adventures including a unique and challenging golf course.
The 18-hole, par 72 Graham Cooke-designed course is centered along the valley floor amongst three surrounding mountains, Tod, Sundance, and Morrisey. The course provides many risk/reward opportunities for all skill levels and, at 1,200 metres, the 6,400 yard course is British Columbia’s highest. Bonuses of elevation are that your ball flies longer, plus the higher mountain air provides relief from hot summer days; Sun Peaks is often 10 degrees cooler than Kamloops.
The front nine was constructed back in 1996 and range from the short 122 yard, par three hole 7 to the difficult, uphill 500 yard hole 6. The front nine require delicate accuracy, due to the narrow fairways. Some even suggest keeping the driver in the bag and sticking to the irons.
The back nine, completed in late 2005, are a terrific complement to the challenges of the front. More open, more forgiving, and for most, more opportunities for lower scores. Hole 12 is the back nine’s most difficult, with a dogleg to the right that requires an accurate shot from the tee followed by another good approach shot.
The signature hole honour goes to the short par four, hole 16, with its terrific views of homes and village below and Mt. Morrisey facing you. The 16th tee sits at 1,333 metres (4,353 feet) - BC's highest - and the elevated tee box commands a feeling of empowerment. For those seeking immediate reward, you can drive the green.
Sun Peaks Resort is ideal for golfers travelling with family or friends with varied interests. There are many activities to choose from: take a scenic chairlift ride to mid-mountain, spot the wildlife, mountain bike, hike, canoe, shop, dine, or take in the many festivals held throughout the summer. Be sure to check out the colourful alpine blossoms that are in full bloom by in mid-July.
Sun Peaks Resort offers a variety of lodging options to fit any budget, from village hotels, luxurious suites, and beautiful vacation homes. It's a true mountain getaway!
Meet Your Pro
Bill Bilton Jr. boasts an impressive pedigree and, as a Sun Peaks resident, enjoys getting involved in the community. This summer he'll be offering Private and Group Lessons, and running our Mixed Swing and Sip Clinics.
- CPGA Professional for 22 years
- 17 professional wins
- 2011 Kamloops Sports Council Sport Person of the Year
- 2008 Kamloops Sports Council Coach of the Year
- 2008 CCAA National Champions - TRU Wolfpack
- NCAA Div 1 4 year award winner
- Head Professional at The Dunes in Kamloops
- Head Teaching Professional at The Golf Course at Sun Peaks Resort
|Golf Course Hours
May 18 to May 30, 2019: 9:00am to 6:00pm
|Phone||Golf Shop: 250.578.5431|