Update September 17
Alpine Season Passes HAVE NOW SOLD OUT!
Alpine Season Passes are no longer available to purchase.
Stay tuned for day ticket sales. Full details of our day ticket program will be announced when sales launch in the first week of November.
Published September 8, 2020
The sun is shining warm and bright (still plenty of time for bike laps and golf rounds!) but winter vibes are definitely in the air. With that in mind, it is time for an update from your good friends at Sun Peaks Resort.
2020-21 ALPINE WINTER SEASON PASSES – LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE
Building on the great success and learnings from our summer operations, the safety of both guests and staff will continue to be our key priority. For this reason, we will be implementing measures to help manage overall visitor numbers this upcoming winter season. A key component of this plan involves a limit on Alpine Season Pass sales to ensure guaranteed unlimited mountain access for pass holders.
Season Passes must be purchased online. If you require assistance or have any questions please email email@example.com or call 250.578.5474.
With the quantity of season passes limited this year, we expect to sell out in the coming weeks. Buy now to avoid disappointment and take advantage of our Best Buy pricing.
Returning pass holders from winter 2019-20 are reminded to act quickly to receive your credit. This program has a deadline of September 30, but is also subject to season pass availability. With limited quantities available, returning pass holders are encouraged to purchase early.
2020-21 ALPINE AND NORDIC SEASON PASSES – IN SEASON GUARANTEE
With the September 15 deadline for our ‘No Questions Asked’ Peace of Mind Program fast approaching, we want to communicate with our valued pass holders what things will look like for winter, should a resort closure be required as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The information below will help our guests to ski and ride with confidence through the 2020-21 season.
- Qualifying Alpine and Nordic pass holders will receive a future credit if Sun Peaks Resort is closed for 30 days or more due to COVID-19 during the winter 2020-21 season.
- For calculation purposes, the ‘season’ will be defined as 130 days.
- The credit amount will be based on the number of days closed divided by 130, then multiplied by pass holder purchase price.
- Unlike other programs, there is no limit on how many days a season pass holder can ski or ride and still qualify for this future credit program.
- All qualifying pass holders are automatically eligible for this future credit program if it is required. For all non COVID-19 related resort closure items, pass holders must enroll in our standard Season Pass Refund and Termination option at time of purchase.
2020-21 WINTER PEAKS CARDS
Due to impacts related to COVID-19, unfortunately our Peaks Card product will not be available this season. As with summer operations, we will focus on season passes and day tickets to allow for the safe management of visitation levels.
2020-21 WINTER DAY TICKETS
The upcoming season will be all about planning ahead. Day ticket sales for this winter will be limited and will be sold online, in advance. Full details of our day ticket program will be announced when sales launch in late October.
WILL SUN PEAKS IMPLEMENT A RESERVATION SYSTEM?
We have received this question a lot recently! At this time, Sun Peaks Resort does not plan to implement a reservation system for the 2020-21 winter season. Through measures such as limited season pass quantities and daily lift ticket capacity limits, we anticipate our ability to manage visitation levels within a comfortable range for all guests and staff. Various protocols will be in place to provide enhanced safety for everyone and full details on these practices will be provided in advance of opening day.
This approach has proven very successful during our summer operations (read here) and we look forward to a similar positive experience for the winter season. Stay tuned as the situation continues to evolve rapidly with more updates to follow.
LIFT OPERATIONS UPDATE
With plans to run all three mountains this season, the wide-open spaces of Canada’s Second Largest Ski Area are calling your name!
- We are pleased to announce that Sun Peaks will be implementing a RFID system this winter to provide efficient access at all mountain lifts. RFID will provide faster and easier access to the mountain for all guests while at the same time reducing frequent interactions with staff to help promote safety and physical distancing. Full details on the implementation of RFID and what it means for resort guests will be released this fall.
- The new Crystal chairlift project is progressing very well and remains on track for a planned opening at the beginning of the season. This exciting addition will increase uphill capacity and provide better access to the alpine skiing options at the top of Tod Mountain.
- The West Bowl T-Bar will unfortunately not be running this winter season due to operational and maintenance related items. We are working on creative solutions for this area of the resort to provide skier access to the West Bowl terrain. Stay tuned for more details!
FACILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
There is no doubt that things will look a little different this winter. While our on-mountain skiing and snowboarding experience is anticipated to have limited impacts, the base area facilities and associated activities will see some changes due to COVID-19 regulations.
We are familiar with many of these changes from our summer operations (they went well!) and we look forward to continuing this positive momentum for winter. Guests are advised to be prepared for enhanced protocols and altered operations. While planning these protocols, the resort team is also evaluating operational enhancements with temporary facilities in areas such as food and beverage and washrooms. We are exploring all options to ensure the guest experience will be as strong as possible.
We will be in touch again with more information and details on anything and everything winter as we roll toward another fantastic winter season at Sun Peaks Resort.
Thanks to everyone for your ongoing support.
- The Sun Peaks Resort Team