Summer planning has begun and it’s time to get excited for road trips and adventure-filled days. There is no shortage of things to do in Sun Peaks in summer, so we’ve put together a month-by-month guide from June through September.
June is here and the melted snow has revealed the vibrant green slopes. As the first wildflowers begin to pop up, stoke runs high for the chair to start spinning for hiking and biking on June 21. The month is packed with fun events and activities, so whether you want to get foamy in a 5K fun run or zen-out at a yoga and wellness retreat you’ll be sure to keep yourself busy.
- 5K Foam Fest | June 15
- Sun Peaks Market Day | June 16, 23 & 30
- Hiking & Biking Opening Weekend | June 21 – 23
- Mountain Spirit Festival | June 21 – 23
- Shred Hard Ladies Bike Camp | June 29 – 30
- Canada Day Weekend | June 29 – July 1
Summer festivities ramp up big time in July and this is one month not to miss! The lift-access mountain biking and hiking will be in full swing with our bike park trail work wrapping up. If you’re keen to catch some free live music, then mark your calendars because JUNO award winner Serena Ryder will be performing for free on July 27. The later weeks of July are typically when our wildflowers explode and dot the alpine with a rainbow of colour.
- Summer Patio Party | July 12 – 14
- Sun Peaks Twilight Market | July 13
- Family Weeks | July 15 – 31, Weekdays
- High Five Day | July 15
- Alpine Blossom Festival | July 20 – 21
- Shred Hard Summer Camp | July 22 – 26
- Live Music: Serena Ryder | July 27
August is the hottest month of the year in Sun Peaks and, perfectly enough, we have a sizzling hot line-up of events and activities going on. Families love Sun Peaks in August with family weeks offering free kid-friendly activities on weekdays until the 9th and the Shred Hard Back to School bike camp for kids. While you’re here, cool off in the nearby McGillivray and Heffley lakes.
- Family Weeks | August 1 – 9, Weekdays
- Sun Peaks Twilight Market | August 10
- West Coast Camaro Rally Show and Shine | August 17
- The 10th Annual Retro Concert Weekend | August 23 – 25
- Shred Hard Back to School | August 26 – 30
- Peaks Pedal Fest | August 31 – September 2
The fun continues into fall as all of your favourite summer adventures continue. This year we have bonus weekends throughout September, meaning the lift will keep spinning for riding and hiking every single weekend. Explore the mountain with a trail run in the alpine or partake in one of our signature fall events.
- Lift and a Lager | September 2
- Bonus Chairlift Weekends | September 6 – 8, 13 – 15, 20 – 22, 27 – 29
- The North Face Dirty Feet Mountain Run | September 8
- Fall Festival | September 28
- Sun Peaks Cider Fest | September 28