Summer has begun and it’s time to get excited for road trips and adventure-filled days. There is no shortage of things to do in Sun Peaks in summer, so here’s a guide to help you get the most out of your visit to Sun Peaks. From July to September, you’ll find a variety of activities and events.
Summer festivities kick off in July and this is one month not to miss! Lift-access mountain biking and hiking will be in full swing and village businesses are open and ready to welcome you. Families can enjoy a number of free events and activities. Later in July the alpine wildflowers will be in full bloom, dotting the alpine with a rainbow of colour.
- Take a Kid To The Course - Kids Golf Free | July 5 – 11
- Porsche Escape Show and Shine | July 10
- Market Day | July 11, 18
- Family Weeks | July 26 - 30, Weekdays
- Women's Bike Camp | July 24
- Reach the Peak | July 31
- Laughing Loggers Lumberjack Show | July 31 - August 1
August is the hottest month of the year in Sun Peaks with a sizzling hot line-up of events and activities. Join us on BC Day for free, family friendly performances throughout the village, including the Kids Bike Parade, Stories on Wheels, Balloon Twisting and so much more. Live music returns to Sun Peaks with a performance from BC's own Lindsay May Trio. Later in August Sun Peaks will host three scavenger hunts in support of Emma's Search for the Cure, a fundraiser supporting research towards finding a cure for children diagnosed with KAND (Kif1a associated neurological disorder). While you’re here, you can also cool off in the nearby McGillivray and Heffley lakes.
- Market Day | August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- Family Weeks | August 2 - 20, Weekdays
- Celebrate Canada This BC Day | August 2
- Live Music: Lindsay May Trio | August 7
- Art Battle | August 14
- Family Entertainment | August 14
- Bendy Brunch | August 15
- Magician Travis Bernhardt | August 21
- Live Music: Peter Ernst Band | August 21
- Twilight Market | August 21
- Sun Peaks Scavenger Hunt: Emma's Search For The Cure | August 21 - 22
- Summer Shred Camp | August 23 - 27
The fun continues with the Trials Stars returning to Sun Peaks to showcase their world class bicycling skills. In late September, Sun Peaks will host the Norco Canadian Enduro Series/E-Bike Championship presented by SMITH. This fall plan to explore the mountain with a trail run in the alpine or celebrate fall with our fall festival.
- Trials Stars | September 4 - 5
- Market Day | September 5, 12, 19, 26
- Live Music: Kelly Spencer | September 5
- Norco Canadian Enduro Series/E-Bike Championship Presented by SMITH | September 25 - 26
- President's Choice Superdogs | September 25
- Fall Festival | September 25